Setting up a wifi connection in our house was way too complicated during those past years as we needed Modem and Router to completely set it up. Plus it has to be hardwired with a bunch of cables making it tangle and irritating, and also it does not provide that high internet speed.
So, to outwit this hassle many Hi-tech companies have come up with the Wifi Routers as it can be used wirelessly supporting single, dual, and tri-bands with the internet speed of max 54Mbps, 450Mbps and 1,300Mbps respectively. And you save more money by avoiding buying extra accessories like the Modem and Cables.
These days almost everyone goes for the Broadband Connections as it provides better service, range, and signal strength. But, to install this connection to your rooms a wifi Router is required. Hence, the Wifi router is also Ideal if you wanna enjoy the Broadband internet speed.
So are you looking for the best Wifi Router under 1000 Rs in India? Well then, you have just landed on the right destinations.
Getting the best Wifi Router under 1000 in India could be a great challenge. So, to make you hassle-free from this we have gone through a bunch of Wifi Routers available in the market and ultimately ended up with a top 6 best list of recommendations for you.
And as always our website has been giving the best product reviews to our viewers. So, before we could list down the Top 6 Wifi routers for you we did a lot of practical testing on the products and also did a proper review on the Internet. Therefore, you can expect the most genuine one from this Article.
Best Wifi Router Under 1000
|highly recommend||highly recommend
||TP-Link TL-WR841N 300Mbps Wireless N Cable Router||
||Check On Amazon|
|best seller||best seller
||TP-Link TL-WR820N 300 Mbps Speed||
||Check On Amazon|
|Best router||Best router
||D-Link DIR-615 Wireless-N300 Router||
||Check On Amazon|
|budget friendly||budget friendly
||TOTOLINK N300RT 300Mbps Wireless||
||Check On Amazon|
|best rated||best rated
||.Tenda N301 Wireless-N300||
||Check On Amazon|
|best designed||best designed
||Mercusys MW325R 300Mbps Enhanced||
||Check On Amazon|
#1 TP-Link TL-WR841N 300Mbps Wireless N Cable Router
- The Input type of this Wifi Router is RJ-45(Ethernet Cable)
- Supports a wide range of IPS(Internet Provider Source)
- Two Antennas with the speed of 300 Mbps At max Speed
- It also has the Traffic Allocations and App Control system
- Authentic WPS security Encryptions
- Supports the most recent IPV6
- Supports Jio fibre as well
The TP-Link TL-WR841N Wifi Router is one of my favorites and hence I highly recommend it to anyone to go for this Product. As it provides a wide range of compatibility to the Indian Users. It is compatible with Internet Provider Source like the ACT Fibernet, Airtel Fibernet, Hathway, Tikona, Exitel, YOU Broadband, SITI, GTPL, etc. So, going for this Wifi Router is a Game changer, and at the price range of 1000 Rs, it is Breathtaking.
With the TP-LINK Tether App, you can have full control over the Router by using any of your smartphones. And looking at the Authentication level of your Network it is very much strong as it has the WPS Security Encryptions. Now, coming back to the main part is Internet speed. As it has two 5dBi Antennas, it can give strong signal strength with a wide range of coverage at a speed of 300Mbps max. It is also best known for its performance in giving better Video streaming, playing online games, web browsing, and multitasking.
It also has the Parental controls to have control over any misusing of the Internet by the Children’s, plus it also has the Guest Controls options to keep your Router system more authentic.
- App control makes it easier to access and install this router
- Supports a wide range of Internet provider source
- Have ideal Internet speed
- The Security level is pretty strong
- 5 no. of ports are available
- Does not support tri-BAND
- Does not have the Multiple SSIDs
- Not meant for whole building signal coverage
Verdict: Under 1000 Rs a Wifi router like this is just unbeatable.
#2 TP-Link TL-WR820N 300 Mbps Speed Wireless WiFi Router
- It has broader signal coverage.
- Support Single Band of 2.4GHz Frequency range.
- The maximum Internet Speed can go up to 300 Mbps(as per The product Descriptions).
- It has two Antennas to Provide higher signal strength.
- Supports almost every Internet Protocol version (IPv6).
- Smart security protocols: Parentals controls and Guest Networks controls.
- Smart features like the: IGMP Proxy/Snooping, Bridge, and Tag VLAN.
The TP-Link TL-WR820N Wifi Router is an N300 device with the Single Band and the internet speed can go upto only 40-50Mbps even if it shows 300Mbs on the Descriptions, so never get tricked.
This Wifi Router is Very much sturdy and at the price range of 999 Rs, you even get a premium warranty period of 3 years which is quite mesmerizing. To run this Router you don’t need any batteries and it has a Hole-punched Top plate to dissipate heat and enhances the Overall Router Performance.
Since this wifi router is Compatible with any latest Internet Protocol Version 6 (IPv6), it can be connected to a Broadband and you get the best signal strength at higher coverage range. This is not only best for providing strong Internet Connections but it also has the Tag VLAN to connect it to your IPTV and enjoy Smooth streaming of your favorite music and videos. Besides the IPTV you can also connect it to your wireless CCTV.
Now coming back to the best parts of this Router is that it has the APP integrated to it, which allows hassle-free controls over the Router by using your smartphone. It also includes the Guest Network and parental control features. With the Guest network, you can set up a separate network for the guest and keep your Connections protocols confidential. And also with The parent’s control options, you can avoid any misuse of the internet by the children.
- Easy setup and Longer warranty
- Sturdy, Easy to operate and Budget-friendly
- Best for 1-2BHK house
- Ideal signal strength and coverage
- Wide range of Smart features
- Ideal for Streaming Videos
- Can connect to any latest DSL
- Not a Dual or tri-band
- Speed cannot go up beyond 50Mbps
- Not recommended for Official use
Verdict: Just the Best under 1000 Rs!
#3 D-Link DIR-615 Wireless-N300 Router(black)
- It comes with two antennae for better coverage and stronger transmission of Signals
- 2.4Ghz Bandwidth at the internet speed of 300Mbps Max
- The Input type of this Router is RJ45 (Ethernet Cable)
- Versatile connectivity for any devices with the 4port
- 100% Authentications with the Host Security feature
- QoS(Quality of service) feature
The D-Link DIR-615 weighing just 64 grams is a Wifi Router that supports 2.4Ghz of bandwidth with the Max Internet speed of 300Mbps. This Router is one of my best and I am using it for my daily use. Even at a distance of 20-40 meters long you can still connect to the Router signals. It is also absolutely future-proof as it has a 3 years warranty period and with the Price of 1000 Rs It is a great deal.
It has versatile options to connect to the Network. Besides connecting It wirelessly it also has the option to connect it with the ports, it has 4 ports at the back of the Routers to ensure you can connect upto another 4 devices like your Computers, etc. It is compatible with all kinds of operating systems like Windows so there will be no issues trying to connect to the Network using your Computers.
Use this Wifi Router without any Worries with the Host of Security Features to authenticate your Network connections for any unauthorized access. Just to let you know that his router has RJ45 WAN port and it will work with DSL/LAN/RJ45/Ethernet Cable based Broadband internet service.
- Ideal Internet Speed
- Works well with Cable Broadband
- Versatile connections options
- Support fiber net, Airlink Network
- Not for Streaming Videos or playing Games
- Does not work for BSNL Broadband
- No WPS options
- Not an ADSL router
Verdict: Best Wifi Router for DSL!
#4 TOTOLINK N300RT 300Mbps Wireless-N Dual Access Wi-Fi Router
- The Internet speed can go upto 300Mbps
- It supports 802.11n, 802.11b, 802.11g wifi strength
- It has an operating system like Windows, MAC, Linux
- It comes with smart features like the Multiple SSIDs options; and QoS(Quality of service)
- It is also compatible with The VLAN and IPTV
The TOTOLINK N300RT is an 802.11n standard which allows the users to use both 2.4GHz and 5Ghz frequency bandwidth, so you will be able to get a higher signal strength at the faster data rate. This Wifi Router is also well encrypted with the most advanced WPA/WPA2 encryption method to avoid any unauthorized access to the Internet.
Only one Router is hard to have a full connection range in your whole House. So, it is designed with the Multiple SSIDs(Wifi Networks IDs), just Install two to three of these Routers in different rooms with the same Internet Service providers and enjoy the Internet.
The cool thing about this Router is the QoS(Quality of service) feature. Sometimes when more people are accessing the wifi at the same time there can be trafficking in the network strength. So, the purpose of this feature is to ensure that data is streamed as per the Application’s requirements of the Bandwidth.
- The security Encryption level is ideal
- Allows to have Multiple SSID
- Compatible with multiple Wifi Clients
- Compatible with IPTV as well
- Does not support BSNL connections
- Supports only Ethernet Connections
Verdict: It is a good wifi Routers that support both 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz bandwidth, and also the QOS and Multiple SSIDs features are amazing.
#5. Tenda N301 Wireless-N300 Easy Setup Router
- It complies with IEEE802.11n
- Ports: 3LAN and 1WAN ports
- WPS Security Encryptions
- The Data rate is 100Mbps
- 2 Fixed 5dbi Omni Directional antennas
- RJ-45 Connector
- Total 8 PORTS
- DSL compatibility
- Support VPN (PPTP / L2TP)
- 5 Watts of power consumptions
The Tenda company is always ahead in manufacturing Sturdy Wifi routers at ideal performance. So, this Wifi Router is very much Future-proof. It is an IEEE802.11n Wifi Router which is enabled in supporting both the 2.4GHz and 5 GHz Band at a higher Data rate. The two 5dbi Antenna receives the signal from every direction, so you can expect a wide range of signal coverage even at a far distance.
It can deliver Ideal signal strength upto 5 devices simultaneously even at room size of 450 sq ft without any interruptions.
I personally like this Router as it is mostly meant for delivering good performance, and comes with a wide range of ports to connect it to your PCs, gaming consoles, and Smart TVs also.
- Ideal signal coverage range
- Ideal security encryption level
- Can connect upto 8 devices at a time
- Easy to set up and operate
- Support the only DSL with no ADSL.
- The Data rate is comparatively low
Verdict: With the 3 years warranty and coverage wise, this is also one of the rated Wifi routers you can opt for at the price range of 1000 Rs.
#6 Mercusys MW325R 300Mbps Enhanced Wireless N Router (White)
- It supports only Windows operating system computers.
- The maximum internet speed of upto 300Mbps
- Four 5dBi antennas for better wireless coverage of upto 500-meter square
- Smart features like the Guest and parental controls are also provided
- It is an 802.11bgn Wifi (Single Band of 2.4 GHz frequency)
- 3 years warranty period from the date of purchase
The Mercusys MW325R is also my favorite, as it is best designed with the 5dBi antennas to provide a wide coverage range of up to 500m2 of wireless coverage at an ideal internet speed of 300Mbps maximum. And it is very fast while downloading, streaming videos or playing games. So I personally own this Wifi Router and have been using it for some time already. Even when I was 21 feet away from the router I was still getting a Download speed of 45Mbps, which was just Phenomenal. The most thrilling one was when I stepped out of my building I was still getting an Ideal signal strength.
It has the Advanced Encryption, so you don’t need to worry about any unauthorized access to your Network. Plus you also get the Guest controls so that you can keep your Network more Authentic and safe.
Make yourself hassle-free with the Easy three-step installation process, and also you get a proper Guide from the company on to set it up the right way.
- Ideal for getting a wide range of wireless coverage
- Comes with the Advanced encryptions for security purpose
- It comes with installations and very easy to set up
- The features provided are also ideal
- It has a long period of the warranty period
- 4LAN port and WAN
- Parental Controls are also available
- It does not support IOS
- No USB port
Verdict: This is also my favorite, and if you want a large coverage range of Signals then just go for this.
Some of the Buyers Guidelines for Wifi Routers
Wifi Router is very Complex, as it cannot be compatible with any ISP(Internet Source Providers), and hence going the buyer’s Guidelines is very important. Make sure that before buying any Wifi Router you know what ISP the Router is incompatible.
Some of the factors you must consider are:
- Wireless Coverage: Every Wifi Router has a Wireless coverage range, so make sure you take note of this as well. If the Router has 2.4Ghz (a single Band), then it is capable of giving coverage of 46 meters distance away from the Router. And suppose 5GHZ(dual band) has a coverage range of 92 Metres.
- N300/AC1200: If you want a decent Internet speed Router then, buy the N300 devices as it is a single-band or dual-band and is capable of providing 150 Mbps on each band, and you get a total of 300Mbps Data Rate. The AC750 extenders run at 5Ghz Frequency and are capable of 750 Mbps and even can go up to 1200 Mbps.
- Antennas: It is also very important as it is responsible for transmitting the received signals from the Internet provider source to all the Clients around. And if the Router has 4 Antennas then it can deliver the signal even at a far distance. But the Two Antennas Routers is ideal only to use in one or two rooms only.
- Advanced Encryptions: Now, the most important thing is the Encryptions Level. Always look that the wifi Router you buy has the Advanced Encryption so that you can avoid any unauthorized access to your Networks. And plus the WPA2-Personal is the latest one in the Advanced Encryptions, so it will be better if your Router has the WPA2-personal.
- Security: If you have Children’s in your Home then see that the Wifi Router you buy has the Parental controls in order to avoid any misuse of the Data by them. The Guest Controls feature also serves great importance as it can keep your Network more Authentic and secure by creating a separate network for the Guest.
Frequently Asked Questions About Wifi Routers
1. What is the difference between a Modem and a Router?
A modem brings the Internet to your home and the Router will dissipate the Signals to the whole client.
2. Is it worth buying a Wifi Router?
A wifi Router is required if you wanna enjoy using the latest IPv6 or the Broadband connections.
3. Which wifi router should I buy under 1000 Rs in 2020?
- TP-Link TL-WR841N 300Mbps Wireless N Cable Router
- TP-Link TL-WR820N 300 Mbps Speed Wireless WiFi Router
- Mercusys MW325R 300Mbps Enhanced Wireless N Router (White)
4. Can I use WIFI Routers for my Smart TV?
Obviously Yes, You can connect it wirelessly to your TVs and use the internet to stream online videos and more.
These were some of the Recommendations for you. I hope you like our product reviews and Buyer Guidelines. I would like to augment some of my favorite ones. The Mercusys MW325R 300Mbps Enhanced Wireless N Router (White) placed on the top 6 was the one I like most as it is meant to deliver the Signal at long distance of Coverage.